#eme6414 twitter feed

Quick Reflection: PSN for Healthcare

Major fan of this week's reading about PSN health care industries by Mettler. It made me think of web 3.0, decentralized networks... Although, I'm not entirely sure I understand. It seems if anything, PSNs are more centralized.

I really think that these private networks for professionals to interact, problem-solve, and make loose associations to their professional developments really use a useful platform.

Also, because of this class, I'm fascinated by the Facebook platform for communities and find that, although it has grown wildly organic and is a hub for tons of misinformation and spam, is actually quite a revolutionary platform, that can be resourced really well.

As I read Mettler's article, I thought about the initial reason I began the ISLT program, to expand the network of people who are educated about Dialectical Behavioral Therapy topics... I think that this article provides a great platform for psychologists, counselors who are certified in that area. 

Mettler, T. (2018). Contextualizing a professional social network for health care: Experiences from an action design research studyLinks to an external site.Information Systems Journal, 28(4), 684-707. doi:10.1111/isj.12154

2 comments:

  1. When I first started my job with FSU. I joined a bunch of healthcare Facebook groups in hoping that I would find healthcare workers who wanted to speak to my students about their career. PSN's are very useful! I felt the groups I joined sometimes would get too filled with ads. I think I joined the wrong ones. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Facebook has a ton of spam activity. A well moderated group would cut out or ban people who post inauthentic comments, imo.

      Delete