#eme6414 twitter feed

Not special Thursday

In lieu of recent events, and being enrolled in this class... I attempted to find answers on social media, 'the right response' to the current tragic events, in Buffalo, NY, and Uvalde, TX.

I realized I was looking for people online to say something appropriate, to answer, to resolve the current situation in our country. I skimmed Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and TikTok... nothing anyone said offered enough condolences that were needed, and I know I am incapable of delivering the message, here on this blog or at all, I prefer to remain silent at the moment if that were part of the assignment. 

Honestly, I didn't want to see anything irrelevant. I wanted answers and solutions. It was frustrating to me, the non-chronology of social media, the mixing of current events with yesterday's news of someone's birthday party or a bad meme... the mixed-up timelines on the social media platforms felt insensitive.

It's difficult to reflect this week, in addition to the circumstances I also may have COVID.

2 comments:

  1. All the noise on media really makes it hard to know what to make of it all or next steps. Thank you for sharing and I hope you do not have covid or worse case, recover smoothly and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kalei... honestly, I wasn't sure how to respond to it... and the many violent acts regarding guns... thank you so much for your kind comment.

      Delete