#eme6414 twitter feed

#ihavecovid19

In my half-hearted attempt to be functional on social media this week, I infinitely (felt like it, until I passed out in a sweaty-chill stupor, after 30 seconds max) scrolled TikTok and Facebook, looking for survival testimonies of the notorious COVID-19. The pride of not having caught it since lockdown in March 2020-May 2022 is probably the err that caused my misstep of no longer wearing a mask... that and also, embracing the long-lost joy of giving hugs to friends again.

#hashtags really need to be curated. I was looking for useful information about people who had COVID and how they dealt with it and the media that comes up is really not nearly as helpful as it would be if, let's say the CDC (or the Lourve) OWNED a hashtag that posts could then be approved... #priornear, you heard it here first.

Peace out, until full recovery.

Ps. I put aside some really great readings for class this week about joining the blogosphere CoP, having an intentional online persona, and PLN formal/informal learning... but as I'm here posting while being out of my healthy mind, I must say, I like the idea of having a totally divided internet persona/alias separate from a physical world identity... preponderance to come. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lee! I appreciate that you mustered up the strength to even write this post. I've traveled down a path to nowhere but anxiety whenever I googled my sicknesses. Sticking to my family's home remedies has worked for everyone in my family who has gotten COVID. I hope you find what works for you and that you start to feel like yourself again soon! Looking forward to your future blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marisa. I would love to hear more about these home-remedies! That's kind of in alignment with one of the communities I'm exploring, edible plants, gardening, and sustainability. I think home remedies qualify for sustainable! I would love to hear more, if you're willing to share some holistic secrets?

      Delete
  2. I hope you're starting to feel better. So many people are getting sick right now. It's rough out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Doc, be careful over there in Coppenhagen. we need you back here.

      Delete
  3. I am just recovering from covid myself. In terms of Covid on social media, it reminded me of when living in Bangkok how open folks were with sharing their covid tests, hospital visits and general covid updates online. Maybe it was like that in the USA while I was away, but Iʻve picked-up on a more reserved sharing practice around Covid. Now that I have gone through it, with my boyfriend posting about it to sass me, I do appreciate how sharing oneʻs experience with covid on social media can normalize it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lot of transparency in the Asiatic countries issues that seem extremely personally over here in America... I did question whether writing about it on our school blogs might be too personal... but I'm glad that I did at this point.

      Ps. Cold fruit snacks and steamy showers really helped!!

      Delete